Since we just got a new pool right before his birthday, it was only fitting that we broke it in with a pool party for the big birthday boy in June! He chose a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle (TMNT) theme, to go along with the swimming!
We didn't invite quite as many people as we usually do, because we were a little nervous about a pool full of 4 and 5 year olds, but all the kids had so much fun!
How cute is that cake?!?
He had a blast playing with all of his new toys, too. We pretty much stayed outside in or near the pool alllll day long!
I didn't do my usual letter to Fitz, so I'll say a few things on this post instead...at 5 years old, Fitz is:
- very aware of everything around him
- never forgets anything
- super sweet most of the time
- so chatty I'm amazed we ever doubted his speech abilities
- so much fun
- loves watching movies, especially 80's classics like Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Ghostbusters, The Sandlot, Scooby Doo and Casper
- still into super heroes, but more into TMNT and Ghostbusters now
- pretty much the best thing that ever happened to me and John.