Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011

 2011 was a life-changing, miraculous, blessed year for our family.
In January, at 15 weeks pregnant, we found out we were having a little boy!  I had to have ultrasounds at almost every appointment because of high-risk pregnancy issues, so we found out the sex of the baby earlier than most people.

In February, we celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary!  We also had our growth ultrasound, which is when most people find out the sex of the baby.  We learned that Fitz is a bit stubborn because he would not show the ultrasound technician his face!  I started my blog this month as well.

March brought the unexpected news that Fitz would be born with a bilateral cleft lip.  We were worried at first, but thanked God for his unfailing love, and for the opportunity to trust him even more than we ever had before.

In April, John and I had a mini-babymoon in Montgomery, and stayed in a fancy hotel, I got a pre-natal massage, we went to the zoo and shopped.  Then, at the end of the month, I had my first baby shower!

May found me at another baby shower, just as much fun as the first!  This month, my doctor became concerned about my swelling and blood pressure as well, and put me on complete bed rest.  Little did we know, but those problems would cause Fitz to arrive earlier than expected!
Fitz arrived on June 3, 2011!  Our lives were changed forever this month.  I thought he was the most precious thing I had ever laid eyes on.  I was so excited to finally hold him, but then our plans were changed again when he was rushed to Children's Hospital due to breathing problems.  It was the most exciting day of my life, which turned into the most difficult, when my baby had to be sent to a different hospital, and I was stuck at my hospital for another two days.  I had to pray a lot during those days, and in the two weeks following his birth, while were at Children's Hospital.  We were so blessed to be able to bring him home on June 17, 2011!

By July, we were settled in at home.  We celebrated the 4th of July, Fitz went to his first cookout, and we found out that he does not have cystic fibrosis!  Praise the Lord!

In August, we found a wonderful babysitter for Fitz, had a family date night out, and found out that Fitz's pelvic kidney functions exactly as it should.

September was another big month for us, when Fitz had surgery to repair his cleft lip!  He was such a trooper, and handled the surgery very well!
In October, we went to see the fire station where Daddy works...

and dressed up as a giraffe for Halloween!  We also went to the pumpkin patch, learned how to jump, and ate solid food for the first time!

November was a time for giving thanks, which we did with great enthusiasm!  We celebrated with Grandmama, Papa, Tootsie, Uncle Zac and all of our family in Mississippi.  Fitz stayed in a hotel for the first time this month, and attended his first wedding.


In December, Fitz went to lots of parades, met Santa Clause stayed in a hotel again, went to another wedding, and was visited by Santa Clause!
Photo by Jessica Messer

We are looking forward to what God has planned for us in 2012, and hope you all have a very Happy New Year!


No comments:

Post a Comment